Tuesday, September 2, 2008

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!



The moment we have all been waiting for finalllllly arrived tonight with the pilot of 90210 gracing the airwaves of the CW.....and it didn't disappoint. It brought the intensity from the get go with the remix version of the old theme song (na na na na, na na na na, du du, na na na na, na na na na, du du) to the illicit escapades of privileged teenagers.

The cameos brought chills to the spine. Who didn't want to die when Kelly and Brenda reunited. I was so relieved that they have decided to let bygones be bygones. I truly thought that they would never get past the episode in which Brenda caught Kelly with Dylan and called her a bimbo. When Kelly objected....Brenda unleashed the infamous speech "if it talks like a duck and walks like a duck"; you have to see it, go here: http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/08/64743/index.html

Poor Nat he no longer has the intimate Peach Pit, but instead is a Corporate Lackey at a very trendy Starbucks-like "Peach Pit".

I loved the nerdy West Beverly broadcaster Hannah Zuckerman-Vazquez, apparently she didn't lose the annoying gene from her mother Andrea Zuckerman.

The girls are cute (especially Naomi, is she a spitting image of Jesse Spano, or what) and seem to have nice personalities. The boys are California Cool, although I don't quite trust Ty Collins yet. Finally the parents and adults are a dramatic upgrade, I was so disappointed when Summerland went off the air and I was pleasantly surprised to see the return of Lori Loughlin of Full House/Summerland fame, as the mom.

I was relieved that the black kid living in B.H. does not actually have black parents, but is adopted by white parents, phewww. The last thing we need is a bunch of minorities bringing down the neighborhood.

FP will be giving a prize to the first person to predict who is the baby daddy for Kelly's lovechild Sam. The prize is a surprise but I expect it will be quite savory.

P.S. Silver I will do whatever it takes to have my blog linked to your "blogisodes" and how do you create a blogisode, any technical advice would be much appreciated.

P.P.S. Did my Palisades readers take it as an affront that West Beverly's big rival is Palisades Hall? Releasing the pigs inside the school was a little uncalled for.

5 comments:

Kady said...

Haven't watched it yet, but thanks to FP's wife, its on my DVR to be viewed later. I didn't know anyone else ever saw Summerland - I loved that show! (All 3 episodes.)

Anonymous said...

I will be the first to predict that Kelly's baby is obviously Brandon's. I first thought it was Dillon's but after thinking it through all night it is obviously Brandon's. I will take my prize right now.

Britney said...

I am so glad you posted on this! Cam and were flipping the channels the other night and came across 90210 and thought we HAD to honor Jono and watch. Cameron is so trying to have a weekend of 90210 talk like the one we had with Saved By the bell. He wants to be in the "know"...but sorry Cameron, you didn't even know who Nat was. Get over it and go get some pizza.

Cameron said...

Thanks Brit, throw me under the bus here on FP, where millions of viewers will read it every day.
In other news, Jono, I came across an interesting article when I was perusing one of my video game nerd websites:
http://kotaku.com/5044930/new-90210-reveals-non+existent-xbox-360-head+eating-game
Next time you are talking to the producers at 90210, drop my name as a possible video game consultant, they could use my expertise, and they would probably be willing to get me my pizza, which is more than I can say fro some people.

Laura said...

lucky for me they re broadcast the episode last week so I DID get to see it. and loved every minute. so i missed out on the poll, but I think the kid's dad is Steve Sanders. i see nobody voted this, but I think i am right. here are the facts. 1. the kid has curly blond hair 2. she said of the kid's dad "we had history in high school". if it were dylan or brandon, they would have had history post high school also...but with steve, it was just high school. i think i won the prize.