Sunday, October 11, 2009

Restaurant Review: Salsa and Beer


Went to Salsa and Beer last night in the SFV and was not disappointed.

Start off with chips and a spicy bean dip instead of salsa. I am a big salsa fan, but the bean dip was amazing and had the right amount of kick.

I started with a legit tortilla soup that wasn't overly Americanized like most tortilla soups these days (Chilis). I then ordered a Carnitas Chimichanga and the Carnitas were amazingly tender and appeared to have a bit of lime flavor. I washed it down with jarritos and left very satisfied, some of the best Mexican I've had in a while.

The ambience was colorful and the service was good. Price of my entree was $7.99 +1.99 to add the soup, pretty affordable.

6740 White Oak Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
(818) 609-8877

2 comments:

Kady said...

Holy crap. Is your background seriously cub scouts? One more step toward becoming a FOC instead of Cal becoming an FOJ. Salsa and Beer will definitely be in the weekend rotation.

Laura said...

i too am now a fan of salsa and beer....although i will say that i had neither salsa nor beer while i was there.