Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Food Truck Review

As many of my followers know, Mr. Free Parking is the resident food truck expert for Greater Los Angeles. Here is a review of some of the more popular trucks roaming the streets.

KOGI:


Kogi is the one that made the food truck concept popular. They serve Korean-Mexican fusion. It is unique and well priced. I recommend the Short Rib Burrito ($5), the Pork Belly is also tasty. Load it up with Sriracha and you are good to go.


GRILLED CHEESE TRUCK:


I was beyond excited to try The Grilled Cheese Truck as I really like cheese. I came away a bit disappointed. The food was good but nothing special and was way overpriced. If you add bacon and guac to your sandwich it comes to $9. It's worth going to try it out but it isn't close to my favorite food truck.


NOM NOM:


This is my favorite truck. They serve Banh Mi and Tacos. For those of you unfamiliar with Vietnamese cuisine, Banh Mi is a sandwich and a good sandwich at that. You can order a Pork Banh Mi for $5 which is clearly the best but the Lemongrass Chicken is also good. The portions are great especially for $5. Be prepared to wait in line, but it is well worth the wait.


GRILL EM ALL TRUCK:

Grill Em All was the winner of the Great American Food Truck Race on the Food Network. They make gourmet hamburgers the most famous of which is The Behemoth ($9) wherein each bun is a grilled cheese sandwich. I must admit I was in heaven while eating it but approximately an hour later felt that death may be imminent but I would take the risk of death again any day of the week.

I have also been to Frysmith and Don Chow Tacos and wil save the review of those for another day. I also am seeking an opportunity to try Crepes Bonaparte, The Buttermilk Truck, Fishlips and Lomo Arigato so we'll have some info on those soon.

No comments: